Welcome to the online press centre of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. To facilitate media organisations and journalists to report on the Junior Eurovision Song Contest, the European Broadcasting Union (EBU), in cooperation with Host Broadcaster NTU, offers a variety of online services.
This year's press centre will be located at the National Palace of Arts "Ukraine". It'll be fully equipped with all necessary supplies, including limited amount of computers as well as free Wireless Internet (WiFi). The accreditation and press centre opens on Monday 25 November.
Please click here to download this year's rehearsal schedule: here. Each country will have one rehearsal lasting 40 minutes, followed by a second which will last for 30 minutes. After the second rehearsal, each delegation will also give 20 minute press conference in the press centre.
Please note that rehearals begin on Tuesday 26 November. There will be no rehearsals on Wednesday 27 November, but an EBU/NTU press conference in the late afternoon.
EBU will offer royalty free photo's of most activities and rehearsals. They are available shortly after the events in the press section.
For any special request please contact either Kath or Luke for further information.
All forms of press contact must be handled by the participating broadcasters in such way that child artists are not out of their depth or placed in situations in which they cannot cope. The Head of Delegation shall be the sole point of contact vis-à-vis the press.'
This means press members will contact the Heads of delegation in case of demands for interviews and photo shoots.
At the premises of the 2013 Junior Eurovision Song Contest we ask you to follow these rules:
- Members of the press can only enter the arena to the dedicated area to follow individual rehearsals of the participating artists
- Press members can only enter the arena during the first Dress Rehearsal
- Entering the any other Dress Rehearsals is only allowed with valid tickets
- Press members without a valid ticket cannot enter the arena and are required to follow the show at the press centre
- Press members, photographers and camera teams can enter the arena by showing their press-card to the security, but must remain in the designated area due to production purposes
- It's prohibited to film or broadcast the whole show in any way without written permission from the EBU
In case of breaking the rules the EBU is entitled to take away the accreditation without giving a reason.